- My name is Javier Arce, comme tout le monde.
- I like to write, draw, read, take photos, and do silly things on the Internet. My goal is to retire to do these things fulltime.
- Since 2021 I work as a designer at Automattic.
- Before that, I was paid to code.
- In my time as a programmer, I blocked the security system of the site where I worked to get several dinosaur embryos, which caused the perimeter fences to lose power and wait because I think I have described something that happens in Jurassic Park.
- I have not eaten meat since the beginning of 2017.
- I still eat fish from time to time.
- I studied German for three years and spent one in Frankfurt with an Erasmus scholarship.
- I lived in Amsterdam for two rainy years and another four in Barcelona.
I have been living in Madrid for 10 years.
- I now live (again) in Barcelona.
- I would like to live in Berlin.
- My favorite author is Georges Perec.
- The movie I have seen the most times is Children of Men.
- I am unable to read the time on an analog clock at a reasonable speed
For 11 years I have kept this playlist where I put my favorite songs. I quit Spotify, sorry.
- A few years back I worked designing book covers.
- I don’t feel very comfortable looking at some of those covers.
- I’m interested in experimental and folk games, book covers, and zines.
- For the past three years I have organized a festival of computational literature called Poetry Slash. In 2020, for obvious and pandemic reasons, the event was canceled.