About this website
This page contains a wiki, several blog posts, a collection of silly jokes, a hidden passage to another dimension, a list of dog names, a photo of myself eating ice cream, a coin, a yellow bird, a photo of your turtle, a turtle.
I’m my worst self when I spend my time consuming instead of making. Specially when the consuming part happens inside of a social network. This website is my attempt to spend less time consuming and more thinking and making.
||List of side projects
||Books I’m reading / I’ve read / I will read
||A little information about this page & me
||A list of my favorite 3D artists
||A list of online mixtapes
- My name is Javier Arce, comme tout le monde.
- I like to write, draw, read, take photos, and do silly things on the Internet. My goal is to retire to do these things fulltime.
- Since 2021 I work as a designer at Automattic.
- Before that, I was paid to code.
- In my time as a programmer, I blocked the security system of the site where I worked to get several dinosaur embryos, which caused the perimeter fences to lose power and wait because I think I have described something that happens in Jurassic Park.
- I have not eaten meat since the beginning of 2017.
- I still eat fish from time to time.
- I lived in Amsterdam for two rainy years and another four in Barcelona.
- I have been living in Madrid for 10 years.
- I would like to live in Berlin.
- My favorite author is Georges Perec.
- The movie I have seen the most times is Children of Men.
- I am unable to read the time on an analog clock at a reasonable speed
- For 11 years I have kept this playlist where I put my favorite songs.
- I studied German for three years and spent one in Frankfurt with an Erasmus scholarship.
- A few years back I worked designing book covers.
- I don’t feel very comfortable looking at some of those covers.
- I’m interested in experimental and folk games, book covers, and zines.
- For the past three years I have organized a festival of computational literature called Poetry Slash. In 2020, for obvious and pandemic reasons, the event was canceled.
If you have any questions or want to contact me, write me here.